Why the MSc in IB-GM
The MSc in International Business and Global Management is aimed at training candidates interested in working in the international business field. The distinctive features of the MSc curriculum stem from the fact that the module syllabi, learning strategy and assessment are designed by members of staff with high academic credentials, a record of research activity and, equally importantly, international business experience. So the aim is the challenge of understanding the issues that companies face competing in the global arena.
|Length of Course|| |
1 year, (September to June)
|Study Load|| |
International Study Tours:
2 International Study Tours held at:
|Class size||35 students|
|Admission Process|| |
Examination of CV and academic record at university, GMAT or CUNEF Graduate Admission Test (online), and personal interview.
|Degree Title|| |
Master of Science in International Business and Global Management
|Time requirements|| |
|Pathway intensifications|| |
International Finance Track (24 ECTS)
|Complementary activitiesjj|| |
|Grants and student aids|| |
CUNEF, with the support of the Spanish Banking Foundation Association offers merit-based grants and student aids to new postgraduate students, designed to reward academic excellence.
18.900 € (study tours included).
WHO IS IT AIMED FOR＋
The program is designed for students who have completed an undergraduate program in Business, Economics or other related disciplines (Engineering, Law,…) and desire to specialize in International Business and Global Management. Full command of English is required.
The objective of the program is to provide pre-experienced students with the tools needed to understand global issues and manage companies cross borders. The program provides students with the concepts and practical knowledge required to understand the global world. It also trains prospective managers and entrepreneurs to make a major contribution to the performance of organizations of all types around the globe. The innovative curriculum design provides students not only with a wider perspective in addressing international issues, but also with the skills and experience required to become an effective leader in today´s world. Students will acquire the following skills:
- Deep understanding of the international business complexity.
- Ability to develop and implement international strategic planning.
- Be able to communicate effectively, teamwork, time management and planning work assignments.
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge in one of the specialization pathways: international Finance or International Marketing and Operations.
The program is organized into terms. The first term is focused on the fundamentals for management and international business; while the second term provides the opportunity to specialize in one of the functional areas of the international business through the electives that make up the itineraries of specialization. (Finance and international financial markets and Marketing and international operations).
In addition, proffesional internship opportunities in the international area, within different multinational companies and international student exchange are offered.
The program has a modular format. Modules provide a detailed overview of the core concepts, theories, and tools that future managers will use when dealing with cross-border business opportunities and challenges.
- In the first term students set an understanding of the environment firms in a global setting and the basis of how to manage in a global context. Students are provided with the fundamental concepts of international business and global management through core courses and elective courses that all feature a highly interactive methodology and are largely based on individual work as well as teamwork.
- In the second term students set a more detailed understanding of the different dimensions of the firm in a global scale. Students are required to take one of the two elective pathways. Each of the elective pathways consists of five modules. The first two modules provide the core concepts of the elective track. The other three modules provide the quantitative and specific techniques that enable the student to apply the concepts learned and provide data-based recommendations:
- International Finance Track (24 ECTS)
- International Marketing and Operations Track (24 ECTS)
- Besides, students will have the opportunity to complete their postgraduate education through international exchange activities in top universities.
The excellent faculty at CUNEF is one of our main assets. Expert professors will strive to enhance your performance, knowledge and insight. In addition to their teaching and research vocation, they are active members of the professional and management world in their respective spheres. Besides some of the CUNEF postgraduate degree professors hold management responsibilities in companies and institutions in business world.
In CUNEF web site you will find a list of the main professors and collaborators for the different core subjects and modules as well as for the different areas of specialization. Teaching is also given by guest and visiting professors from other Spanish and international universities.