CLAUSTRO E INVESTIGACIÓN
Rodríguez Fernández, Francisco
+34 91 448 08 92
C/ Leonardo Prieto Castro, 2
BA and PhD in Economics and Business for the University of Granada and he has also followed PhD studies in the universities of Bologna and Modena. Professor of Economics at the University of Granada. He is Senior Economists at the Funcas Foundation. He has been visiting reseracher at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the European Central Bank. He has conducted several R&D and consulting projects for international public and private bodies. He has been Vice-Dean-Research of the School of Economics and Business at the University of Granada. He has also been visiting research fellow for high-education institutions such as the Bangor Business School. He is author of several articles and publications in top-leading international economics and finance journals such as The Review of Economics and Statistics, Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Review of Finance, European Economic Review, Journal of Banking and Finance or Journal of Financial Services Research.
- PhD in Economics – University of Granada (visiting University of Modena and University of Bologna)
- Post-Doc Visiting Research: Bangor Business School, European Central Bank, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Graduate Visiting Research: Univerisity of Modena, University of Bologna, Bangor Business School
- BA Business and Economics – University of Granada
Áreas de Interés
Banking and Finance
Finance and growth
- Professor of Economics – University of Granada. [Acreditado como Catedrático de Universidad]
- Senior Economist – Funcas Foundation
- Economist- Funcas.
- Associate Professor of Economics – University of Granada
- Research Associate – University of Granada
- European Commission
- European Research Framework Programme
- Spanish Ministry of Labor
- Euro 6000
Other academic positions:
- Vice-Dean Research –School of Economics, University of Granada: 2007-2009
- Deputy Director, Department of Economics, University of Granada: 2003-2005
- "The Role of Interchange Fees in Two-sided Markets: An Empirical Investigation on Payment Cards", The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 98, 367-381(With S. Carbo and S. Chakravorti). 2016.
- "The diffusion pattern of non-cash payments: evidence from China", International Journal of Technology Management, vol. 70, 44-57 (with S. Carbo and M. Qi). 2016.
- "Trade credit, the Financial Crisis and Firms Access to Finance", Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol.97,forthcoming, (With S. Carbo and G. Udell). 2016.
- "The impact of securitization on credit rationing: empirical evidence", Journal of Financial Stability, 20-36-50 (With S. Carbo and H. Degryse). 2015
- "ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions at the point of sale and the demand for currency", SERIEs, vol. 5, 399-417 (with S. Carbo). 2014
- "Safety–net benefits conferred on difficult–to–fail–and–unwind banks in the US and EU before and during the great recession", Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 37,1845–1859. (with S. Carbo and E. Kane). 2013
- "Feedback Loop Effects in Payment Card Markets: Empirical Evidence", Review of Network Economics, vol. 11,Issue 2, article 2. 2012 (with S. Carbo and J.M. Liñares).
- "Securitization, risk transferring and financial stability: the case of Spain" Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 31, págs 80-101. 2012. (with S. Carbo and D. Marques).
- "Exploiting Old Customers and Attracting New Ones: the case of Bank Deposit Pricing", European Economic Review, vol. 55, 903–915 (with S. Carbo and T. Hannan) 2011.
- "Regulatory arbitrage in cross-border banking mergers within the EU", Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol. 44, 1609–1629. (with S. Carbó and E. Kane) 2012.
- "Bank market power and SME financing constraints, Review of Finance, vol. 13: 309-340 (with S. Carbó and G. Udell), 2009.
- "Evidence of Differences in the Effectiveness of Safety Net Management in European Union Countries", Journal of Financial Services Research, vol. 34: 151-176 (with S. Carbo and and E. Kane), 2008.
- "The Economics of Credit Cards, Debit Cards and ATMs: A Survey and Some New Evidence", Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 32:1468-1483 (with B. Scholnick, N.Massoud, A. Saunders and S. Carbó), 2008.
- "The determinants of bank margins in European banking", Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 31: 2043-2063(with S. Carbó). 2007
El 16-17 de marzo de 2018 tendrá lugar en CUNEF el “First Interna...
Del 14 al 16 de marzo de 2018, CUNEF acogerá el Curso "Contratos ...